Wednesday, September 10, 2008

we're on a road to nowhere.....come on inside!

It felt like the day began at sparrows, still feeling bit jetlagged. Went down to physio and was delighted to see Dr Geeta, she is a softly spoken lady, direct in her speech and very compassionate. The physio therapist began working with me, going through every muscle group from my fingers to my toes! Dr Geeta took video of me during this time, then got me up walking along parallel bars a few times, i did about 45 minutes of exercise which was enough. Michelle walked on the treadmill and chatted to Andrew, he's here supporting his friend and offered to show us around, which is great. After physio i had my injection of stem cells and they took blood, now anyone who knows me, knows that i don't part with anything easily and my blood is no different!! Apparently i have small veins and my skin is very sensitive, I felt cool too which doesnt help, the nurse squeezed my arm until it was bright red then tied a band around my wrist, finally they struct gold, with a vein in my hand. I was required to travel to the other hospital for an ECG and an Ecocardio (sumthing, i cant remember the name) It was almost like waiting for a medicare procedure, the hospital was crowded, but cool which was a relief as we were transported in an ambulance, which was a very small van, the seat belts didn't work and the driving was an experience, one hand on the wheel the other on the horn, no such thing as one car one lane, we dodged people, cows and traffic. We waited about an hour, went down a hall to a tiny room, my chair didn't fit through the door, everyone rushes to help me stand up, but they pull in different directions, in the end i have to be firm so that michelle can get me up and in there, she helped me on the bed and the nurse did the first test, then we were told to wait, the dr came about 45 minutes later and did the ultra sound on my heart, so its offical i do have a heart!! I must admit it was a relief to come back to familiar ground and eat lunch (chicken pasta so michelle was in 7th heaven) Looking forward to catching up with the other patients at yoga today, i'm told to be prepared, its not all lovely music and meditation. Must go..Nicki just brought me a cup of tea and a hand full of peanut M & M's..a girls got to keep her strength up!!

2 comments:

Macca (Bruce ) said...

Hi Claire well already into it sounds hot over there. I am thinking of you and will be watching this site.
All the best sexy girl

mark said...

mmm 40mins on parallel bars. next progression uneven bars then the vault. Hi chic sounds like your doing great.