Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shop till you drop!

Yesterday ended with a yoga class, oh my gosh, it was so funny, the instructor is ex army and gave instruction like a sargent major, really loud, direct, short and sharp! We all did as we were told for a change, he was a bit scary, I think my sister is the only person i know who has been asked to leave a yoga class and this was no exception, we just couldn't stop laughing, mainly from pain, he was easy on me, i got special treatment!! But we will go back on Friday.

Today began with physio, the same routine as yesterday but she had me walking a bit longer, she called it 'gait' training, i laughed cause i think my bum resembles a double roller door than a gate! I've taught myself bad walking habits so we need to retrain my body, tomorrow i have to put on my AFO's so i stop tripping over my feet, i hate them, but know its necssary for better balance and posture. I had 2 needles this morning, 1 straight into my arm and the other, half injected into each tricep muscle, each day they will focus on different muscle groups.

We had a rest after this then got a taxi to a shopping mall, to get in we had to go through security checks, metal detectors. It was nice to just get out see something different and buy soft toilet paper!

Michelle and Nicki have gone out to a medical supply shop, the bathroom doesnt have hand rails in the shower or near the toilet, i was given a toilet frame on wheels, for my own dignity i wont go into details but lets just say it wasn't pretty. The tiles are bit slippery and one carer fell and broke her leg, so i'm not taking any chances, the girls are looking for something to make life easier for me to be more independent.

The nurse will be in soon with my evening injections. Thank you for adding your comments to my blog, i get very excited to have communication from Team Australia!! Also, Simon if your reading this, the 'team india' towels are brilliant!!

6 comments:

Russ said...

Claire,

How long is your treatment going to be? Is Sabine with you?

Yeah, those AFO's take some getting used to, but I don't leave the house with mine anymore.

Roger said...

lol ... typed a comment ... then realised I had to register!! ... so now have to retype!! ... I've read your last few comments and as usual you describe things very clearly ... I laugh at the early morning (and yoga!!!) experiences ... tho I empathise ... soldier on!!!

I guess I'm part of team Australia??? ... Tho I feel like a Govt dept ... know nothing of whats REALY going on!!! ... Stem cells, yoga, physio, drill sergents. Sounds like youre being trained for covert opps!! ...(lol, Clandestine Claire!!) ...

Feal for the early mornings and physical excersize (something I can REALY identify with atm!!) ... hug!! ...

Wishing you, and all Team India (whoever you all are???) all the very best ... chin up, keep smiling (even if through your teeth!!) ... soldier!! :) xx Rog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,
its so great to be able to keep up with your daily activities and progress. Fingers crossed back here. Thinking of you, be good in yoga. Love to Michelle and Nikki too.

Love us,
Leanne and the boys xx

Peta said...

Claire Bear. Sounds like a laugh and hard work at the same time. Tell Michelle we would of probably been kicked out to. Take care love ya. Petexxx

Mariette said...

Hi Claire,
How wonderful to be able to keep up with your journey to wellness in India. You are such an inspiring and couragous woman, Claire and we hold you in our prayers daily.
God who has formed you in your mother's womb has Great Plans for you,I am sure. Keep close to HIM and HE will draw close to you. God Bless always. Love to you and Michelle and Nikki. xxxx

Angela said...

Hi Claire,

Well you can tell I am new at this "Blogging". I posted you a comment, however, I have just realised I posted it on Sept 8th.

Anyway, its great to read your blog and to keep up to date with your daily activities.

Karen sends her love. Thinking of you, keep well. Love Ange