Saturday, September 13, 2008

Almost organic!


Michelle went to the market yesterday with two other carers to gather supplies, specifically eggs as we are very excited to learn how to boil them in the kettle. The sales pitch at the market for the eggs was 'almost organic'!! Only in India can something be almost organic, its become the local joke.

Went through the same routine at physio, then i put on my AFO's, and walked for about 10 minutes using the parallel bars, going to take me a while to get comfortable wearing shoes and socks again. I then had two injections, one syringe in my arm and the other syringe was inected either side of my spine (lower back). At night i recieve one injection in my right arm. We met up with Kevin (he has a spinal cord injury and lives in Sydney with his wife and baby girl) his mate Andrew to watch a movie in the foyer where there is a TV and DVD player, no airconditioning there but we decided the company was more important, also they have TimTams!! Talking about food, forgot to mention that Nicki and i recently ordered a bowl of chips at a coffee shop, when it arrived we bent our heads down to look at chips, looked at each other and then glanced up at the waiter who had a perplex expression, we counted them, 13 chips, it probably doesn't seem that funny but we laughed thinking that someone somewhere was looking out for us!

I had a nanna nap in the afternoon then went to yoga, (see picture above in our room before yoga) still half asleep and decided that little princess here doesn't like being yelled at after waking, but the session was good for me.

This morning after physio i was given one syringe to be shared in each hip then one in my left arm. I have to remember, left arm morning right arm evening.

Met a great guy, David, whos here making a documentary, his sister Amy (from the USA) who has or had Lymes disease has had reatment here. David is back recording various patients treatments and asked to interview me, and as you all know how shy I am, (not) I took the opportunity to sit with him and share my experience, David will be back in 3 weeks to follow up.

We're just waiting on lunch then heading out for a while with Kevin and Andrew for a coffee, even though I'm not sure if i'm allowed to drink coffee, i have to treat my body as if i'm pregnant, so I'll have to look into it further.

Bye for now :-)

3 comments:

Marie-Therese said...

Hi Claire...Glad to hear you arrived safely...really good to read of your adventure and it sound like you are haveing a fun time(with the company)..keep the humour...hope the treatment is bearable...pardon the pun Claire Bear..will keep in touch to see how you are doing...luv to all Claude Marie and co xx...PS I can see a new book arrising from this experience and I can't wait to read it :)

Jan said...

Hi Claire, just back from leave today and read your exciting email! Just want to wish you good luck for this exciting journey, sounds like you are working very hard. love and best wishes, Jan (RPH)

Loretta said...

Hi Claire, i have been working everyday and so I hadn't logged on in a while i have just had a big read not finished yet, reading your blog makes me feel like i'm right there with you, it feels like i can understand your pain (even though in reality I can't really no how it feels) what I'm trying to say is, it's a good read.
you have been sooo strong and indrediblely brave, keep it up and remember you have a whole lot of people sending love vibes your way.

Loretta