Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our day at the pool....

6 Aussies and 1 Yank descend on a quite resort. Only a sister could have this pleasure to tip her bro into the pool!


I ask you... why walk when you can sit! As I write this I'm standing at the computer listening to Neil Diamond which always reminds me of my parents, I can't help but sway to the music and smile. Sylvia has ventured today to see the Taj Mahal and my sweet friend Tracey has given me hand this morning, so I want to practise my standing for a bit longer.
Dr Geeta came to see me yesterday and I told her that the last procedure was a 'walk in the park' unlike the last one, she gave me perplexed look and said 'you want to walk in the park' I laughed and explained further. I'm hoping they will do the procedure again this week to really boost me up with stemcells before I go home. Dr Geeta asked me how I felt about going home and offered the option to extend my stay, how tempting it would be, but I explained that my 7 year old daughter would hunt me down!! But on reflection, my feedback to her would be to allow MD patients the option to stay 3 months like the MS, Motor neuron and Quad patients do. It took a while to get into the physio therapy, starting at 20 minutes once per day, then after a couple of weeks I was able to start in the afternoon and now the morning session lasts 1 hr 15 minutes. I feel like I'm finally getting into it all now at 7 weeks. I leave this amazing experience in one week. I keep telling myself there is a reason for everything, who would have thought I'd even be here 6 months ago, so I continue to teach myself to let go and have faith in my life purpose.





2 comments:

Mariette said...

Hi Claire,
When I read about you letting go of the walker and taking steps without anything to reach out to for support, all I could think of continually was the hand of the Lord who is waiting to take yours and lead you through your healing. Let go of your own strength and trust Him to take you where He wants you to be.
Joni Erikson, an amazing lady has an amazing story of her life and if you get the chance read her journey.
We can't begin to know what you endure but God does and He promises us that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Remember one thing, His purpose for us may not be what we want it to look like, but He does, so Let go and Let God.
You have the determination and guts to venture out to anything and He wants to use your passions. So hang in there darling girl, He is waiting on the other side of that door which He wants you to go through in faith. Can't wait for you to get home and hear more about your time in India.
Love Aunty Mariette x

Roger said...

Hey Claire ...

Geez ... I thought you were going over to India for a lot of hard work ... Turns out you're on a freekin' holiday, lol ;) ... I hope this catches you before you leave town ...

Anyways ... nothing REALY new here. As I write this, Jets, and every other conceivable type of aeroplane are buzzing in at low altitudes over Perth ... I think its all due to the Red Bull air race ... My pal, Kelly, has got a realy good spot reserved for us (largely due to her folks influence I believe) ... I'm looking forward to getting a good day out in the sun.

Nice to see you have been having some fun over there ... I look forward to catching up with you when you get home, cherub, if, of course you have time.

Be well, darl ... smiles, hugs and xx

Rog:)