Saturday, July 25, 2009

We're all slowing down a bit...

I have to go through day by day so I don't forget anything. Dad arrived early hours Monday morning, the flight is long and he was tired. Unfortunately Gaye came down with Delhi belly too which wiped her out. They gave her antibiotics which she had a reaction too and made the Delhi belly much worse, she was so unwell. Lucky Dad was here to keep me in my routine with Gaye in the back ground reminding him to feed and water me! I had an IV of stem cells on Tuesday, slightly more cells than last time but I was ok. I was tired and my body ached but I didn't get the high temperature or sweats, so that was good, my body obviously was finding it easier to embrace the new cells. By Thursday Gaye was feeling much better and then Dad started to complain of a funny tummy, so then it was his turn to have Delhi belly, very considerate of them to take it turn about and not be both wiped out at the same time!! Today is Saturday and Gaye has gone to have a massage, Day is laying down watching the football and resting, give him another day or so and he''ll be his usually charming self again.

I finally had injections in my face on Thursday. Dr Ashish injected either side of my chin. Dr Geeta said she'll come and see me on Monday to see if there are any changes, if there are I will then get injections in my cheeks. I'm still getting my daily injections of stem cells but they are also giving me a large does in my veins, the nurses don't like doing this on me because my veins are so hard to find.

Let me tell you about today. Actually the story starts yesterday. I finally spoke up and told Dr Geeta that I really didn't feel my shoulders were making any progress and I think its because my arms drop out from my shoulder sockets. She told me I had to have ex rays and see an orthopedic surgeon. To my surprise it was arranged for this morning. An ambulance will pick me us up. A world war 2 ambulance would have been in better condition. Dad managed to get me in the front seat and I had to seating options, flat on my back looking at the roof or pushed forward so that I could kiss my knees! I opted to lay back. As we drove off I asked if there was aircondition but as I did I noticed there were not electronics on the dash board and so no airconditioning. Ok, no problem. As we drove along the glove box kept opening, and the driver would reach over and slam it shut, he did this several times taking his eyes off the road. I looked over my shoulder and Dad and Gaye were squashed in the back sitting on a makeshift stretcher. We went inside and the receptionist beckoned Gaye over to sign paper work, Dad asked me what she was doing and I told him she's signing permission to leave me here so you guys can go home!! After the week they've had with there health I wouldn't blame them. I had the ex-rays and we went through the same fiasco getting me back into the ambulance and back to Nutech. I'm feeling quite drained today and after my ex-ray I decided not to go to physio, I had my injections and went to bed, slept for an hour or so. Woke feeling a bit better but still drained.

The orthopedic surgeon came to see me. He pushed my arm up into my shoulder and it instantly felt better. He suggested I would need shoulder surgery as my muscles don't have a stable base to work from or grow over. When I get home I'll contact the Dr who did my scapula fusion surgery 10 years ago and discuss my options. Something else to add to the list of things I need to do, but if it gives me better stability then I have to try it. (she says with a deep sigh)

3 comments:

big sis said...

hey lil sis its been awhile since ive slept on a hospital floor with you....count me in!!!! sending all the usual and morexx

Mariette said...

Hi Claire,
Well it is all sounding very challenging for you, Gaye and Harry, to say the least! I hope things have settled down now and I am looking forward to hearing more from you on the Blogg.
Love and Prayers.
XXX

Bill and Sam said...

Hi Claire!!
Well, what an effect you have on people!! Hope Gaye and your Dad are better and you didn't succumb aswell!

Goodness what a pincushion you are this time. Facial injections...ouch!! Hope you've noticed a difference!?!

Thinking of you,
Lots of love Sam xxx